Bangalore Tango Academy is dedicated to providing a platform for those who are passionate about Tango and wish to pursue it in a suitable and congenial atmosphere.
In order to achieve a harassment free dance environment, we have decided to enforce Code of Conduct policies.
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Inappropriate physical contact and unwelcome attention of any sort.
- Holding your partner in an uncomfortable way while dancing.
- Stalking and following. Incessant messaging and calls on any platform.
- Repeated requests to socialize outside dancing hours especially after the recipient has made it clear that such invitations are not welcome.
- Persistent watching, following and contacting a person either physically or virtually.
- Making coloured remarks or jokes.
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct.
- Any action that reinforces a perceived hierarchy in the community.
- Improper use of position of influence, power or authority against an individual.
- Deliberate intimidation of any kind.
- Advocating or encouraging such behaviour.
Meaningful and appropriate action will be taken by the Code of Conduct committee after a fair and detailed deliberation.
Code of Conduct committee members:
If you are facing any such issues or any other form of harassment which may have not been listed here, please contact email@example.com.
There is also a helpline available from Bangalore City Police for grave issues. They can be reached at 1091.